True-Marine™ Entertainment System for iPod
Update V1.1.3360Released on 18 Feb 2014
READ THIS FIRST
Release 3360 supports new audio sources including MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) for compatible smartphones and Bluetooth (for use with MS-BT200 Bluetooth accessory). If your system includes a MS-NRX200 or MS-NRX200i please ensure that you update the software on these remotes. After you have upgraded your Marine Stereo please select Settings-> Update -> MS-NRX200.
If your marine stereo is using FUSION-Link to connect to a MFD (Multi-Function-Display) please check with your MFD manufacturer to ensure that their software is compatible with Release 3360. If the software on the MFD is not compatible with this release your marine stereo or the MFD may not operate correctly. In this case, please ensure that your stereo uses Release 2785.
New features include:
• New source - MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) – supports Android and Windows Phone over USB. Please check HERE for compatibility information.
• New source - Bluetooth support for MS-BT200 Bluetooth accessory
• Supports Static IP addresses in addition to DHCP
• Bug fixes and improvements
• Fusion Remote SW 1.01.79
• Current Factory Software (recommended for customers utilizing a FUSION-Link MFD which is currently incompatible with software update 1.1.3360)
Manuals & Downloads
- Software Update Instructions (1.183 MB PDF) Download
- Fusion NMEA2000 Drop Cables Drawing (598.494 kB PDF) Download
Search Help Topics
We didn't find any results for the search
The Fusion-Link app crashes when I select the volume control icon on the home screen. How can I fix this?
To resolve this issue, delete the Fusion-Link app from your device and then reinstall it.
Why can't I browse my phone's music library from the Fusion-Link app when I am streaming via Bluetooth on my Android device?
Sorry, only Apple devices have the capability to navigate media libraries over Bluetooth.
Why does the Fusion-Link app report "error" when I select "update" from the settings menu?
Over-the-air software updates are only available for the Apollo Series. All other Fusion stereos require a USB stick loaded with an update folder connected to the stereo to perform an update. "Error" will display if there is no USB device connected, the USB device is not formatted correctly, or if the file is not in a folder named "update".
My Fusion-Link wireless application displays "No Stereos Available"
The first thing to check is that you are connected to the correct wireless network for the stereo. Once you have confirmed this, close the app on the device and restart it (consult the manufacturer's website for instructions on restarting). If this fails, check that you have a valid IP address on the stereo and follow the instructions in the tech support item: "My Fusion-link wireless remote Application will not connect to my 700 series stereo."
My Fusion-Link wireless remote application will not connect to my 700 Series stereo.
The first thing to check is that the 700 Series is displaying a valid IP address on the 'about' screen. Select the 'settings' menu, then 'about' to confirm. If the display is "IPNone", the router is either not a compatible DHCP product or is not configured correctly. If the IP address starts with the prefix 169, it is not valid, as this is a default address when the router is not sending a DHCP generated IP address or is configured incorrectly. Please review the router's instruction manual or contact the manufacturer's website for technical help.
What is the current consumption of my FUSION stereo?
Current consumption of Fusion marine stereos:
Fusion stereos have a standard voltage rating of 10.8V to 16V DC unless otherwise stated.
All figures are for individual head units only, not a system. Numbers can be added together to calculate the system current consumption.
Amplifiers will contribute significantly higher current consumptions.
All marine stereos with 4 amplified speaker outputs have been tested with 4 speakers attached and no USB devices connected.
All measurements are average, so measurements on other production stereos may vary. Values are subject to change without notification.
I am a first time FUSION stereo user, how do I work the basics?
If you're new to FUSION or an infrequent user, this video will give you all the guidance you need to operate and get the most from your FUSION Marine Stereo.
What is the” internal amplifier on” feature in the settings menu of the 700 series?
This allows you to disable the internal Class D amplifiers when the RCA pre amp line outs are used for zone one and two and the speaker outputs are not required. This will reduce current consumption and heat produced, resulting in longer battery life whilst listening to your stereo.
Why does my Fusion stereo turn on at midnight by itself?
We have found that some customers have the “alarm feature “of the 700 series enabled inadvertently. Simply go to the settings menu and deselect the alarm feature to resolve the issue.
Why does my 700 Series marine stereo turn on then off when I first enable the 12V power source?
Fusion stereos have a power state recall feature, which means that when you disable or disconnect the 12V power from the unit it will resume in that state when the 12V power supply is resumed. The stereo will go through a boot up phase much like a smart phone or computer does first, then it will either go into standby mode or become active (dependent on the state when power was removed).
Why can't I connect my SiriusXM tuner to my 700 Series?
FUSION has identified an issue with the current SiriusXM connector utilized on the FUSION 700 Series Marine Entertainment Systems. The connector on the MS-IP700 or MS-AV700 is not compatible with the SiriusXM tuner. FUSION has created an interface adapter that will correct this problem. Do not attempt to connect the SiriusXM tuner to your marine stereo without using this new interface adapter as it can cause physical damage and void the warranty of the SiriusXM tuner.
What is the correct antenna to use for FM/AM reception with my Fusion stereo?
There are two main types of Antenna supplied for FM/AM reception in a marine environment.
The first is a "Ground Dependent" Antenna. This is designed to be used where the antenna base is in contact with a metal surface such as steel or aluminium that has a surface area of 0.5m² or greater. This is a ground plane and the antenna depends on it for reception signal strength, so if it is fitted on a vessel without this, you will get very poor reception.
The second is a "Ground Independent" antenna. This is suitable for non-metal vessels and where a ground plane is not required.
Ensuring you have the correct type of antenna for your vessel is something that is sometimes missed as it is not well advertised.
VHF splitters are another option, however we do not recommend them for metal vessels, as you will be relying on the short wire run from the stereo to the splitter which is generally inside the vessel, making reception limited.
Thank you, your products have been registered. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.Back to Form
We could not register your products due to an error. Please resolve the issues below or contact us directly.
Error Details Explanation Text
True-Marine™ Entertainment System for iPod
The NMEA Technology award winning 700 Series is the most advanced marine entertainment system in the world. Representing the perfect mix of innovation, functionality and simplicity. Purpose built for the marine environment, designed and engineered to True-Marine™ standard in New Zealand for an unbeatable marine entertainment experience.
Sources - AM / FM / VHF / USB / AUX / iPod / iPhone / SiriusXM-Ready (USA only) Requires additional Sirius Connect Vehicle Tuner
Improved Connectivity - The MS-IP700i features an external USB connector and an improved marine grade remote network connector for added reliability and simple integration with a NMEA 2000 network.
- Innovative Multi-Zone™ 4 Zone Control - Adjust the volume and subwoofer level in four separate zones on-board your vessel. Zones are nameable for added convenience. For localised zone control, install FUSION's MS-NRX200i Wired Remote Control. Note Zone 3 and 4 require additional amplification, all subwoofer lineouts require amplification.
- Internal iPod / iPhone dock – Charge and playback audio from your supported Apple device while protecting it from the harsh marine environment. FUSION’s award winning audio interface offers quick and intuitive navigation so the tunes keep rocking no matter the conditions.
- MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) Audio Support - Connect your supported Android or Windows smart phone via USB for quick access to your entire music library, for unbeatable music playback while at sea. Update your software to access this functionality. For water resistant protection of your MTP supported device, add the FUSION UNI-Dock™, which will protect, charge and play all compatible devices (sold separately)
- Bluetooth Audio Support - Add the MS-BT200 or MS-BT100 to your FUSION 700 Series marine entertainment system to enjoy wireless streaming of your favourite audio tracks
- FUSION-Link™ - Certified marine Multi-Function Displays (MFD’s) become the entertainment control centre for the entire vessel once connected to the MS-IP700i Marine Entertainment System via a NMEA 2000 or Ethernet connection.
- NMEA 2000 Certified - Connect the MS-IP700i to an existing NMEA 2000 network and communicate with FUSION-Link™ Certified MFD’s and FUSION's NMEA 2000 Certified wired remote controls (CAB000852 Drop Cable and CAB000581 T-Connector required for NMEA 2000 connectivity - sold separately).
- Ethernet Ready - Supports FUSION-Link™ Certified MFD's, iPad, iPhone and Android wireless remote control apps via your Ethernet network. Note an All-In-One DHCP Wireless Ethernet router is required for app connectivity. FUSION-Link™ wireless remote control app for iPad, iPhone and Android is available for FREE for a limited time from iTunes or Google play.
- Simplicity in operation - Navigation and control of the entertainment experience is simple with FUSION's operating system. Most controls are executed via the large rotary encoder, with FUSION Alpha Search Technology (F.A.S.T™) allowing for quick navigation through thousands of songs in seconds. Album art is displayed in colour on the LCD display and all FUSION-Link™ applications (MFD and all mobile apps).
Encased in a fully sealed aluminium chassis, the 700 Series has undergone and passed vigorous marine environmental testing and is rated IPx5 water resistant, supported by a 3 Year True-Marine™ Warranty.
|Display||2.7” Colour TFT LCD|
|Line Out||4 x stereo, 4 x subwoofer|
|Media||AM / FM Tuner, VHF Receiver, Internal iPod/iPhone/USB Dock, SiriusXM-Ready (USA only) requires SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner|
|Power||Class-D 70 Watts x 4 (max)|