Update v3.80Released on 28 Mar 2019
- Fixed "Function not available while in motion" error.
- Allow smaller vehicle profiles.
- Allow settings access without parking brake enabled.
Installation Instructions: Upgrading the system software using Garmin Express in your RV-IN801
Upgrading your RV-IN801 will require a Micro SD card with at least 500MB of free space and no larger than 32GB.
Warning: During the update process, do not power down the RV-IN801.
Formatting your Micro SD card:
1. Place the Micro SD card in the SD card slot on the front of your RV-IN801.
2. From the Home screen select Settings.
3. Select System.
4. Select Update.
5. Select Create Card.
6. Once the message stating "Update Card Created" appears, select Okay.
7. Remove the SD card from the unit.
You will use this SD card in your computer to update the mapping and system software.
To check if an update is available for your device, please install Garmin Express:
1. Go to the Garmin Express website by clicking on the link: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/
2. Click Download for Windows or Download for Mac.
3. Once the download is complete, please follow the prompts to install Garmin Express.
4. Once Garmin Express has successfully installed, please insert the prepared Micro SD card in your computer.
5. Click Add a Device in Garmin Express.
6. Follow the prompts Express gives you to register/add and update.
7. Eject the SD card from the computer and plug it into the RV-IN801.
8. A dialog will pop up on the RV-IN801 for updating, follow the on-screen instructions to apply the update.
9. After the update finishes, eject the SD card from the RV-IN801.
If you have any additional questions, or need any further assistance, please feel free to call us on 1-800-253-5081. Garmin is open Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM Central Time (closed holidays).
Update Service AdvisoryReleased on 08 Aug 2018
RV-IN801 Software Update Advisory
There have been reports of RV-IN801 vehicle settings being reset during a software update. To ensure correct operation, please do the following:
Check RV-IN801’s vehicle settings before starting your software update.
• Home > Settings > System > Use CAN Bus Message. Enabled for most Mercedes Sprinter installations
• Home > Settings > System > CAN Bus Mode: Direct or PSM; setting will depend on RV manufacturer and model year
• Home > Settings > System > Turn Cameras: Enabled or disabled, depending on if your vehicle is equipped with blind spot cameras that are viewed via the IN801
Always be sure that both VIM software and unit software are updated to the latest versions. After updating, confirm that the vehicle settings have been returned to their prior settings. If you are unsure of your original settings and there are any issues with the radio not properly receiving and acting on vehicle signals or unexpected behavior on other vehicle systems, do the following:
• Ensure that Use CAN Bus Message is enabled. Home > Settings > System > Use CAN Bus Message
• Try toggling the CAN Bus Mode. Home > Settings > System > CAN Bus Mode
If additional support is required after performing the steps listed above, please contact Garmin at 1-800-253-5081 or email at [email protected]